Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Bittersweet Goodbye

The last MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting of the year was this morning. It's been a great year of learning how to nurture and grow our relationships with God, ourself, our husband (if, of course, we have one), our children, our family, our parents and in-laws, our friends and our community. We had great speakers this year that were quite a blessing of encouragement. I'm prayerful to hold close to my heart what we learned in order to have healthy, thriving relationships just as God intends.

While I'm ready for a break from ministry responsibility, this last meeting was bittersweet for me, because, for the last five years, I have served in MOPS but will not be returning next year. My pre-school days are coming to an end with my youngest son starting kindergarten in the fall, so it's time for me to prayerfully consider other ministry opportunites.

With relationships fresh on my heart and mind after this year's theme, I'm so thankful for the friendships that have derived from being a part of MOPS. God has definitely used this ministry and these friendships to enrich my life.